1810 1811 1812 - 1813 - 1814 1815 1816
1780s 1790s 1800s - 1810s - 1820s 1830s 1840s
18th century - 19th century - 20th century
1813 is a common year starting on Friday (link will take you to calendar).
- March 17 - Through a newspaper, the Prussian king Frederick William III of Prussia calls for resistance against the Napoleonic occupation
- April 27 - War of 1812: Battle of York - United States troops raid, destroy, but do not hold the capital of Ontario, York (present day Toronto, Ontario).
- May 2 - Napoleon wins the [[Battle of L�tzen (1813)|Battle of L�tzen]]
- May 20-May 21 - Napoleon wins the Battle of Bautzen
- May 27 - War of 1812: In Canada, United States forces capture Fort George.
- June-Autumn - series of victories of the Duke of Wellington (and others) over Napoleon Bonaparte
- June 6 - War of 1812: Battle of Stoney Creek - A British force of 700 under John Vincent defeat an American force three times its size under William Winder and John Chandler.
- July 5 - War of 1812: Three weeks of British raids on Fort Schlosser, Black Rock and Plattsburgh, New York begin.
- August 19 - Gervasio Antonio de Posadas joins Argentina's second triumvirate.
- August 26-August 27 - Napoleon wins the Battle of Dresden
- August 29-August 30 - Napoleon's troops defeated at Kulm
- September - Robert Southey becomes Poet Laureate of Britain
- September 10 - War of 1812: Oliver Perry defeats a British fleet in the Battle of Lake Erie
- October 5 - War of 1812: William Henry Harrison defeats the British at the Battle of the Thames, killing native leader Tecumseh
- October 16-October 19 - Napoleon is defeated at the Battle of Leipzig
- October 25 - War of 1812: Charles de Salaberry defeats an American invasion at the Battle of Chateauguay
- November 11 - War of 1812: the Americans are defeated at the Battle of Crysler's Farm
- November 21 - An independent government is restored in the Netherlands.
- December 29 - War of 1812: British soldiers burn Buffalo, New York
- Russian troops reach and take Berlin without a fight after the French garrison evacuated the city.
- Mathieu Orfila publishes his groundbreaking Trait des poisons, formalizing the field of toxicology.
- January 19 - Sir Henry Bessemer, inventor
- February 11 - Otto Ludwig, German novelist/playwright/critic.
- March 19 - David Livingstone, missionary and explorer (d. 1873)
- March 27 - Nathaniel Currier, illustrator
- May 21 - Robert Murray M'Cheyne, Scottish divine (d. 1843)
- May 22 - Richard Wagner, German composer
- October 10 - Giuseppe Verdi, italian opera composer
- December 13 - David Spangler Kaufman, American politician, first Jewish Congressman from Texas (d. 1851)
- Abbas I - pasha of Egypt
- [[S�ren Kierkegaard|Soren Kierkegaard]], Danish philosopher
- Empress Go-Sakuramachi of Japan
- April 27 - General Zebulon Pike
- April 28 - Mikhail Illarionovich Kutuzov, Russian field marshal, (b. 1745)
- June 6 - [[Alexandre-Th�odore Brongniart]], French architect
- August 23 - Alexander Wilson, ornithologist
- October 5 - Tecumseh
- November 12 - [[Jean de Cr�vecoeur]], French-American writer
af:1813 ast:1813 bg:1813 ca:1813 cs:1813 cy:1813 da:1813 de:1813 et:1813 el:1813 es:1813 eo:1813 eu:1813 fr:1813 fy:1813 hr:1813 is:1813 it:1813 he:1813 lb:1813 nl:1813 no:1813 pl:1813 pt:1813 ro:1813 ru:1813 sk:1813 sl:1813 sr:1813 fi:1813 sv:1813 tr:1813 uk:1813 zh:1813年