This is the English language Wikipedia bus stop. Wikipedia is building a free online encyclopedia, and is one of the best developed projects in the open content movement. This is the English language Wikipedia, and is the largest Wiki in existence. There are other Wikipedias in other languages, many of them part of the Bus #80 tour. Please take your time to look around. All material on Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Bus #01 - GRANDWIKI-COMMUNITY-TOUR
- next stop: Dse Wiki
- Bus #66 - INTERNATIONAL-WIKI-TOUR
- Bus #80 - MULTILINGUAL-WIKIPEDIA-TOUR
...anytime you're ready to leave.
Famous sights to see here at the Wikipedia
A sampling of the best encyclopedia articles in the English language Wikipedia.
Wikipedia's front page, with a comprehensive category scheme.
This is the guiding principle here at Wikipedia. An encyclopedia article must not advocate a position on any given issue; rather, it must describe the various positions fairly and accurately.
Wikipedia aims to be an encyclopedia encompassing all languages. If your language is not yet active, recruit a few friends and get the ball rolling!
Want to participate in Wikipedia? This page serves as a jumping-off point for new Wikipedians.
Of special interest to TourBus riders with a flair for technology, this page on a related wiki contains information about the server farm used by Wikipedia.
Other Wikimedia projects
- Wiktionary, a wiki based dictionary, http://www.wiktionary.org
- Wikiquote, a wiki for quotations, http://quote.wikipedia.org
- Wikibooks, a wiki primarily for educational textbooks, http://www.wikibooks.org
- The September 11 Memorial Wiki, http://sep11.wikipedia.org
- Wikisophia, a WikiTeX prototype; http://wikisophia.org
- Wikisource, a wiki for source texts, http://wikisource.org