Sonic Adventure 2
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Amy Rose (originally Sonic's alternate, updated from SA2 to have lower speed and no spin dash but Special Attacks at lower costs.)
- Metal Sonic (originally Shadow's alternate, updated from SA2 to have sound, a shield over a spin dash and faster speed, but no Special Attacks.)
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Rouge the Bat
- Chaos 0 (Rouge's alternate in the Dreamcast version, updated in the GameCube version to have slower speed but more powerful attacks.)
- Tikal (originally Knuckles' alternate, updated from SA2 to have higher speed but weaker attacks.)
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Dr. Eggman
- Chao (Tails' alternate on the Dreamcast, updated in the GameCube version to have weaker attacks but higher speed)
- Big the Cat (Dreamcast version only), Dr. Eggman's original alternate
- Dark Chao (Gamecube Version only), has lower speed but stronger attacks than Tails and Dr. Eggman)
There is an update to Sonic Adventure 2 for the Nintendo GameCube, called Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. This version was released on December 10, 2001 in Japan, February 12, 2002 in North America, and April of the same year in Europe.
This game added new multiplayer options, like the addition of new charactistics to the additional multiplayer characters that were in the available unlockable in the original. The multiplayer characters that were unlockable in the other game are now playable from the start, and other new bells and whistles were added.
This game also changed a large portion of raising Chao, the A-life form available in both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. Chao can now be named and their stats can be viewed from within the game. You can also transfer one Chao from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle to Sonic Advance with the GCN-GBA Link Cable. Also the inroduction of Chao Karate, in which the Chao stats are used for stats in fighting, and the Chao fight in a fighting game style, with little influence from the player.