1447 1448 1449 - 1450 - 1451 1452 1453
| Decades: |
1420s 1430s 1440s - 1450s - 1460s 1470s 1480s
| Centuries: |
14th century - 15th century - 16th century
1450 in art|
- March - French troops under Guy de Richemont besiege the English commander in France, Edmund Beaufort, Duke of Somerset, in Caen
- April 15 - Battle of Formigny. French troops under the Comte de Clermont defeat an English army under Sir Thomas Kyriel and Sir Matthew Gough which was attempting to relieve Caen
- May 8 - Jack Cade's Rebellion: Kentishmen revolt against King Henry VI.
- June 18 - Battle of Seven Oaks. Jack Cade's rebels are driven from London by loyal troops, bringing about the collapse of the rebellion
- July 6 - Surrender of Caen to the French
- August 12 - Surrender of Cherbourg, the last English territory in Normandy, to the French
- Universitat de Barcelona founded.
- Charles VIII of Sweden who was also serving as Carl I of Norway is declared deposed from the later throne in favor of Christian I of Denmark.
- King Sejong the Great of Joseon, an inventor and the ruler of Korea
- William de la Pole, 1st Duke of Suffolkca:1450