1715 1716 1717 - 1718 - 1719 1720 1721
| Decades: |
1680s 1690s 1700s - 1710s - 1720s 1730s 1740s
| Centuries: |
17th century - 18th century - 19th century
- May 15 - James Puckle, a London lawyer, patents the world's first machine gun.
- July 21 - Treaty of Passarowitz signed
- November 22 - Off the coast of Virginia, English pirate Edward Teach (best known as "Blackbeard") is killed in battle when a British boarding party cornered and then shot and stabbed him more than 25 times.
- November 30 - After the death of Charles XII, Ulrika Eleonora becomes Queen of Sweden
- May 16 - Maria Gaetana Agnesi, mathematician (d. 1799)
- September 18 - Nikita Ivanovich Panin, Russian statesman (d. 1783)
- July 30 - William Penn
- November 22 - Blackbeard the pirate
- November 30 - Charles XII of Swedenaf:1718
ast:1718 bg:1718 ca:1718 cy:1718 da:1718 de:1718 et:1718 el:1718 es:1718 eo:1718 eu:1718 fr:1718 gl:1718 hr:1718 it:1718 he:1718 hu:1718 nl:1718 no:1718 pl:1718 pt:1718 ro:1718 ru:1718 sl:1718 sr:1718 fi:1718 sv:1718 tr:1718 uk:1718 zh:1718年