1798 1799 1800 - 1801 - 1802 1803 1804
| Decades: |
1770s 1780s 1790s - 1800s - 1810s 1820s 1830s
| Centuries: |
18th century - 19th century - 20th century
- January 1 - Legislative union of Great Britain and Ireland completed under the Act of Union 1800, bringing about the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
- January 1 - Giuseppe Piazzi discovers the first (and largest) asteroid Ceres
- January 20 - John Marshall is appointed Chief Justice of the United States.
- February 3 - William Pitt the Younger resigns as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- February 9 - The [[Treaty of Lun�ville]] ends the war (Second Coalition) between France and Austria
- February 17 - An electoral tie between Thomas Jefferson and Aaron Burr is resolved when Jefferson is elected President of the United States and Burr Vice President by the United States House of Representatives.
- February 27 - Washington, DC is placed under the jurisdiction of the United States Congress.
- March 4 - Thomas Jefferson succeeds John Adams as the President of the United States of America
- March 21 - Second Battle of Abukir: a British army under Ralph Abercromby defeats the French troops
- March 23 - The Russian Tsar Paul I is murdered. He is succeeded by his son Alexander I of Russia.
- April 2 - First Battle of Copenhagen – British fleet under admiral Hyde Parker – with Admiral Horatio Nelson with them - attacks Copenhagen. Armed Neutrality of the North dissolved.
- May - The pascha of Tripoli declares war on United States by having the flagpole on the consulate chopped down.
- June 27 - Cairo falls to the British troops
- July 6 - Battle of Algeciras: The French fleet beats the British fleet.
- July 18 - Napoleon signs the Concordat of 1801 with the pope.
- November 16 - First edition of New York Evening Post
- A census in London revealed it to have 860,035 residents
- First census in France
- Joseph-Marie Jacquard developed a loom where the pattern being woven was controlled by punch cards.
- The ultraviolet radiation is discovered by Johann Wilhelm Ritter
- French Revolutionary Wars (1792-1802)-Second Coalition/Egyptian Campaign
- Napoleonic Wars (1799-1815)-Second Coalition/Egyptian Campaign
- February 1 - Thomas Cole, founder of the Hudson River School of Art (d. 1848)
- May 11 - Henri Labrouste, architect (d. 1875)
- June 30 - Frederic Bastiat, French philosopher
- October 12 - [[Friedrich Frey-Heros�]], member of the Swiss Federal Council (d. 1873)
- November 3 - Vincenzo Bellini, Italian composer
- November 10 – Vladimir Dal, Russian lexicographer (d. 1872)
- February 7 - Daniel Chodowiecki, German painter
- March 23 - Tsar Paul of Russia
- March 25 - Novalis, German poet
- March 28 - Ralph Abercromby, British general
- April 2 - Thomas Dadford Junior, British canal engineer
- June 4 - Frederick Muhlenberg, first speaker of the United States House of Representativesaf:1801
ast:1801 be:1801 bg:1801 ca:1801 cs:1801 cy:1801 da:1801 de:1801 et:1801 el:1801 es:1801 eo:1801 eu:1801 fr:1801 hr:1801 is:1801 it:1801 he:1801 hu:1801 nl:1801 no:1801 pl:1801 pt:1801 ro:1801 ru:1801 sl:1801 sr:1801 fi:1801 sv:1801 tr:1801 uk:1801 wa:1801 zh-cn:1801年