1808 1809 1810 - 1811 - 1812 1813 1814
| Decades: |
1780s 1790s 1800s - 1810s - 1820s 1830s 1840s
| Centuries: |
18th century - 19th century - 20th century
- February 5 - George, Prince of Wales becomes Regent because of the perceived insanity of his father, King George III of the United Kingdom.He is known as the Prince Regent. This is the beginning of the period known as the English Regency.
- March 1 - Egyptian ruler Mohammed Ali kills the last Mamluk leaders in the Citadel Massacre
- March 25 - The Great Comet of 1811 is discovered by [[Honor� Flaugergues]].
- April 5- April 6 - Revolutionary riots in Buenos Aires.
- May 14 - Paraguay gains independence from Spain.
- July 5 - Venezuela is the first South American country to declare independence from Spain.
- July 11 - Italian scientist Amedeo Avogadro publishes his memoire about molecular content of gases
- October 11 - Inventor John Stevens' boat, the Juliana, begins operation as the first steam-powered ferry (service between New York, New York, and Hoboken, New Jersey).
- November - Luddite uprisings begin in northern England and Midlands
- Earthquake in Mississippi Valley near New Madrid reverses the course of the river for a while
- London and Westminster Chartered Gas Society founded in London
- Bolivia declares indepencence
- Uruguay revolts against Spain
- January 9 - Gilbert Abbott a Beckett, writer (d. 1856)
- January 17 - Joshua Abraham Norton, later Emperor Norton I of the United States (or February 14, 1819).
- February 3 - Horace Greeley, journalist, editor, publisher (d. 1872).
- February 6 - Henry George Liddell, Dean of the Christ Church, Oxford.
- March 20 - Napoleon II of France (d. 1832)
- March 30 - Robert Bunsen, chemist, inventor: Bunsen burner (d. 1899)
- July - William Makepeace Thackeray, British novelist
- August 31 - Theophile Gautier, poet, novelist
- October 22 - Franz Liszt, composer
- October 27 - Stevens Thomson Mason, first governor of Michigan
- November 24 - Ulrich Ochsenbein, member of the Swiss Federal Council (d. 1890)
- May 28 - Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville, British minister (b. 1742)
- September 8 - Peter Simon Pallas, German zoologist (b. 1741)af:1811
ast:1811 bg:1811 ca:1811 cs:1811 cy:1811 da:1811 de:1811 et:1811 el:1811 es:1811 eo:1811 eu:1811 fr:1811 fy:1811 ko:1811년 hr:1811 is:1811 it:1811 he:1811 lb:1811 nl:1811 no:1811 pl:1811 pt:1811 ro:1811 ru:1811 sl:1811 sr:1811 fi:1811 sv:1811 tr:1811 uk:1811 zh:1811年