1902 1903 1904 - 1905 - 1906 1907 1908
| Decades: |
1870s 1880s 1890s - 1900s - 1910s 1920s 1930s
| Centuries: |
19th century - 20th century - 21st century
- January 22 - Massacre of Russian demonstrators at the Winter Palace in Saint Petersburg, one of the triggers of the abortive Russian Revolution of 1905.
- January 26 - The Cullinan Diamond is found near Pretoria, South Africa at the Premier Mine.
- February 11 - Pope Pius X publishes the encyclical Vehementer nos.
- March 1 - Australian Conservative leader Richard Butler takes office as Premier of South Australia
- March 3 - Tsar Nicholas II of Russia agrees to create an elected assembly (the Duma).
- March 5 - Russian troops begin to retreat from Mukden, Manchuria after losing 100,000 troops in 3 days.
- March 10 Japanese capture of Mukden (now Shenyang) completes rout of Russian armies in Manchuria.
- March 10 ? Cassie Chadwick sentenced for 14 years in Cleveland for fraud
- March 31 German emperor William II asserts German equality with France in Morocco, triggering Tangier (or First Morocco) Crisis.
- April 4 - In India, an earthquake near Kangra, kills 20,000.
- May 13 ? Mata Hari debuts in Paris
- May 15 - Las Vegas, Nevada is founded when 110 acres (0.4 km²), in what later would become downtown, are auctioned off.
- May 27-28 - Russo-Japanese War: Battle of Tsushima - The Japanese fleet under Admiral Heihachiro Togo destroys Russian fleet under Admiral Zinovi Petrovich Rozhdestvenski in this two day battle
- June 7 - Norway declares the union with Sweden dissolved.
- June 15 - Princess Margaret of Connaught marries Gustav, Crown Prince of Sweden.
- June 28 ? Mutiny in the Russian ironclad Potemkin
- September 1 - The Canadian provinces of Saskatchewan and Alberta are established from the southwestern part of the Northwest Territories.
- September 5 - Russo-Japanese War: Treaty of Portsmouth signed - In New Hampshire a treaty mediated by US President Theodore Roosevelt, is signed by victor Japan and defeated party Russia. In the agreement, Russia cedes the island of Sakhalin and port and rail rights in Manchuria to Japan.
- October 3 - HMS Dreadnought is laid down, revolutionizing battleship design and triggering a naval arms race.
- October 26 - Sweden agreed to the repeal of the union with Norway.
- October 30 - Tsar Nicholas II is forced to grant Russia's first constitution, conceding a national assembly (Duma) with limited powers.
- 70 Onion Johnnies die when the steamer Hilda sinks off France.
- November 18 - Prince Carl of Denmark becomes King Haakon VII of Norway.
- November 28 - Irish nationalist Arthur Griffith founds [[Sinn F�in]] in Dublin as a political party whose goal was the independence for all of Ireland.
- December 30 - Bomb kills Frank Steunenberg, ex-governor of Idaho. Case leads to a trial against leaders of the Western Federation of Miners
- Einstein publishes four papers. In particular, he formulates the theory of special relativity and explains the photoelectric effect by quantization.
- The Butcharts begin working on their Japanese Garden addition to their Butchart Gardens.
- The title Prime Minister of the United Kingdom is officially recognized by King Edward VII.
- [[Path� Fr�res]] colors black and white films by machine.
- Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer banned from Brooklyn Public Library for "bad example"
- Druidic rituals begin in Stonehenge
- Norway gains independence from Sweden
- Albert Einhorn introduces novocaine
- The first U-boat
- January 2 - Michael Tippett, composer (d. 1998)
- January 3 - Anna May Wong, actress (d. 1961)
- January 12 - Tex Ritter, actor, singer (d. 1974)
- January 18 - Joseph Bonanno, gangster (d. 2002)
- January 21 - Christian Dior, couturier (d. 1957)
- January 26 - Charles Lane, actor
- January 26 - Bernhard Minetti, actor
- January 26 - Maria von Trapp, singer (d. 1987)
- January 29 - Barnett Newman, painter (d. 1970)
- January 31 - John O'Hara, writer (d. 1970)
- February 2 - Ayn Rand, Author (d. 1982)
- February 7 - Paul Nizan, author (d. 1940)
- February 11 - Elizabeth Vuyk, Dutch/Indonesian writer.
- February 14 - Thelma Ritter, actress (d. 1969)
- February 23 - Derrick Henry Lehmer, mathematician (d. 1991)
- February 27 - Franchot Tone, actor (d. 1968)
- March 5 - G�nther L�ders, actor and film director (d. 1975)
- March 6 - Bob Wills, country music singer (d. 1975)
- March 15 - Berthold Graf Schenk von Stauffenberg, lawyer and Nazi opponent (d. 1944)
- March 16 - Elisabeth Flickenschildt, actress (d. 1977)
- March 18 - Thomas Townsend Brown, scientist (d. 1985)
- March 18 - Robert Donat, actor (d. 1958)
- March 19 - Albert Speer, Nazi official (d. 1981)
- March 23 - Lale Andersen, singer and cabaretist (d. 1972)
- March 27 - Elsie MacGill, aeronautical engineer, "Queen of the Hurricanes" (d. 1980)
- May 8 - Red Nichols, jazz musician (d. 1965)
- May 15 - Joseph Cotten, actor (d. 1994)
- May 16 - Henry Fonda, actor (d. 1982)
- May 20 - Gerrit Achterberg, Dutch poet
- June 12 - Ray Barbuti, American athlete (d. 1988)
- July 12 - Prince John of the United Kingdom (d. 1919)
- July 22 - Doc Cramer, Major League Baseball center fielder (d. 1990)
- August 2 - Karl Amadeus Hartmann, composer (d. 1963)
- August 11 - Erwin Chargaff, biochemist (d. 2002)
- August 16 - Marian Rejewski, mathematician, cryptologist (d. 1980)
- August 23 - Constant Lambert, composer (d. 1951)
- August 31 - Dore Schary, stage/motion picture personality (d. 1980)
- September 1 - Elvera Sanchez, Puertorican dancer
- September 18 - Greta Garbo, Swedish actress (d. 1990)
- September 22 - Eugen Sänger, Austrian aerospace engineer (d. 1964)
- September 30 - Michael Powell, British director (d. 1990)
- September 30 - Savitri Devi, Greek author and ideologist (d. 1982)
- November 17 - Queen Astrid of Belgium (d. 1935)
- December 30 - Jule Styne, composer (d. 1994)
- January 19 - Debendranath Tagore, philosopher
- March 6 - John Henninger Reagan, American and Confederate politician (b. 1818)
- March 24 - Jules Verne, author
- May 9 - Mrs. Jarvis - The model for Mother's Day
- June 22 - Francis Lubbock, Governor of Texas
- September 18 - George MacDonald, Scottish author and poet and a Christian minister.
- October 13 - Henry Irving , English actor.
- October 29 - Étienne Desmarteau, Canadian athlete
- Chemistry - Johann Friedrich Wilhelm Adolf von Baeyer
- Medicine - Robert Koch
- Literature - Henryk Sienkiewicz
- Peace - Baroness Bertha Sophie Felicita Von Suttneraf:1905
ast:1905 be:1905 bg:1905 ca:1905 cs:1905 cy:1905 da:1905 de:1905 et:1905 el:1905 es:1905 eo:1905 eu:1905 fr:1905 fy:1905 gl:1905 hr:1905 hu:1905 io:1905 is:1905 it:1905 he:1905 la:1905 lb:1905 nl:1905 ja:1905年 no:1905 pl:1905 pt:1905 ro:1905 ru:1905 sl:1905 sr:1905 fi:1905 sv:1905 tr:1905 uk:1905 wa:1905 zh:1905年