Naoto Ōshima (also Ohshima or Osima) is a Japanese national and former SEGA employee that was the character designer of Sonic the Hedgehog and Doctor Eggman. Ohshima gained notoriety at Sega's Sonic Team for creating characters and playing integral roles in the development of games like Phantasy Star, NiGHTS Into Dreams, and Sonic Adventure. After leaving Sonic Team, he formed an independent game company called Artoon, which he is currently president of. There he went on to work on such games as Pinobee and Blinx: The Time Sweeper, and as of this edit is currently working on a sequel to Blinx.
- Phantasy Star (1988) � Design
- [[Phantasy Star II] (1989) � Design
- Sonic the Hedgehog(1991) � Character Design
- Fatal Labyrinth (1991) � Designer
- Sonic Eraser (1991) � Special Thanks
- Sonic CD (1993)� Director
- Knuckles' Chaotix (1995) � Original Character Concept
- Hyper Athlete (1996) � 3D Background, Camera Work
- Sonic 3D Blast (1996) � Advisor
- NiGHTS Into Dreams (1996) � Director, Visual Designer, Character Designer
- Sonic R (1997) � Graphic Advisor
- Sonic Jam (1997) � Supervisor
- Burning Rangers (1998) � Director
- Sonic Adventure (1999) � CG Movie Producer
- Silent Hill (1999) � Effect Programmer
- Kessen (2000) � Special Thanks, Sound
- Pinobee: Wings of Adventure (2001) � Director
- Blinx: The Time Sweeper (2002) � Director
- Silent Hill 3 (2003) � Effect Programmmer
- Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space (TBR) � Director
He's been listed in game credits under the nickname "Big Island", which is a literal translation of his surname.
Yuji Naka often gets the credit for his work on the Sonic series, because of his close association with the series.